Saturday, February 20, 2010

Winter hike


Nothing is so rewarding as hiking in the snow. Deep snow make it more challenging to hike on the Appalachian Trail near Rockfish Gap Virginia. I recently began a hike but could not reach my destination because the snow reached a depth of 2 feet. We didn't have snow shoes and walking became very exhausting. My pack weight was around 20 pounds but my friends pack weight was around 50 + pounds. With every step he took he sank the full depth of the snow. After going half the distance we had to turn around and thrace our steps back to the car. We learned that snow shoes are a must in conditions like that. But I could think of a scripture that carried me through the hard hike.
Psalm 119:133
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a challenging hike - I bet it felt great though to breath the fresh air. I like the picture, it looks like a pretty area.

    ReplyDelete